Adam Podd (Music Director/ Arrangements) is a Vermont-bred, Brooklyn-based music director, pianist, organist, bassist, composer and arranger. He has worked with some of the top artists and organizations in his field including The Boston Pops, New York Pops, Idina Menzel, Darlene Love, Stephen Kellogg, Milton Delugg, Macy’s Entertainment and The Young People’s Chorus of New York City in such venues as Carnegie Hall, Symphony Space, New World Stages, The York Theatre and others.
As a pianist, Adam specializes in blues, jazz, and gospel. He plays regularly around NYC with his twin brother Matt, and their jazz and blues band Mimi and the Podd Brothers (mimiandthepodds.com). He also plays keys, bass and music directs for singer/songwriter Dan Mills. Adam is currently Music Director and choral conductor at First Unitarian Church in Brooklyn, NY. He studied classical and jazz piano, organ, orchestration, conducting, and music production at The Hartt School of Music in West Hartford, CT where he received his Bachelors of Music.
Recent theatre credits include:
- “Midnight at the Never Get” (NYMF 2016)
- “Touché” (dir. Richard LaGravenese)
- “POPE! An Epic Musical” (NYMF 2015 dir. Peter Flynn)
- “Fiction in Photographs” (at New World Stages and The York Theatre Co.)
- “Swing Wings” (at Amy Dee Music and The York Theatre Co.
- “The Spidey Project” (at The PIT)
- “Nightfall on Miranga Island” (at the NYC Fringe Festival & NYC Fringe Encore Series.)